Unrealistic Korean Dramas: Entertaining or too un-cultural?

18:33 Unknown 0 Comments

Hiii my Chingus!
Today, I was reviewing Bride of the Water God (not impressed so far, sorry), and what came to mind was how the scenes were staged and it's link towards reality. Then I started thinking about all the Korean dramas, and it all had the same concepts.
Maybe it's just me, but does this give us a false view of what Korean Culture is all about? Ranging from the normal way they eat in Seoul being changed to the standard American System of a dining table, to numerous people driving luxurious cars and what not..
Also, do you consider this entertaining? Is it really just about the bright image of your favourite actors and actresses, and the fact that they appear in the movie? Or do you actually look for some strong reality in the movie/series before it can be entertaining to you?
What's my major question?
What are those unrealistic things that happen in Korean Dramas, that would certainly not happen in real life?
I know this topic might've been brought up before, but apart from these unrealistic scenes, do these unrealistic scenes leave you un-entertained, or you still enjoy it.
The scenes I've noticed include:
How everyone in these dramas live in such preposterously wealthy homes with luxurious jobs, clothes, and cars!
Thumbnail

How it is possible in Seoul, a city of some ten million people, that if you are looking for someone, you just need to drive your car slowly down any road at night and they will be walking along it, drunk and/or crying?
Thumbnail

If every episode of a historical soap has a battle scene with scores of soldiers killed, how is it that enough people survived to populate modern Korea? I mean this one just puts me off..
What are your views? I'm interested.



Here's Kim Chungha. Why? 

Because it's Kim Chungha!
Thumbnail



Thumbnail

0 comments: